Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I need more hours in the day!

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

On a day like today when I have a million and a half things to get accomplished I'm so thankful to know I don't have to get through this life on my own. The Lord is there to pick me up, to give me peace, strength, and courage to get through the day.
Waking up at 7 am to go over my notes for my hamlet test, taking a test, going to another class, coming back from class to a "to do" list a mile long so patiently waiting for me, only to be handed responsibility for two meetings tonight for CRU ...it just seems like getting what I need done today is impossible. Things are being pushed to the back burner ( aka tomorrow ) and I'm getting stressed. Realizing what's going on...I grab my Jesus Calling devotional with hopes of stopping the stress before it starts, I open it up and the message for today was on resting in Him, finding hope and strength in Jesus....EXACTLY what I needed!

Now, I'm one meeting and one "to do" away from being done with all of my work for today! I got almost all of my "to do" list done, prepared for the meetings, and ate dinner with some of my girlfriends! I think that's quite an accomplishment. But I know very well NONE of that would have gotten finished if it weren't for the Lord giving me the peace and strength to just keep trudging through!

Where ever you are today remember that God wants you to trust in Him, to let go of the control and allow Him to guide you down the path He has prepared for you! He wants to help you in this life, He desires to give you all you need; all so you might praise Him!

Remember you have The Lord of the universe on your side tonight, so trust in Him! Let Him restore you!

No comments:

Post a Comment